At Barrington Plastic Surgery, Ltd, your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we are following the recommended health guidelines as they pertain to COVID 19. For our patients and staff, we have put the following precautions and guidelines in place so that as we begin elective office visits, procedures, and surgeries again, everyone is as safe as possible.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, here are the following guidelines we are following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting any of the mildest symptoms below, please do not come in. Simply call the office to re-schedule
- a runny nose or sore throat (unrelated to allergies)
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- loss of smell or taste
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you have close contact with was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
- On the day of your visit/procedure/office surgery, all patients must wear a mask upon entering the building. We cannot provide these to patients so you must have one of your own (cloth masks, scarf, surgical mask, etc.). If you do not have a mask on we cannot see you.
- If you are a new patient, please go to the Patient Forms section of the website, fill out the four patient forms, print them out, and bring them with you to the appointment. This saves time and will limit exposure.
- Please do not bring anyone else to your appointments unless absolutely necessary. If they must come with into your appointment, they must also follow the same guidelines above.
- We are scheduling appointments so that there should be minimal to no interaction with any other patients. After you check in, if the doctor cannot see you immediately, we may ask you to sit in your car until the doctor is ready and then will call you to come straight in.
- The doctors and staff will all be masked as well, and are practicing social distancing as best as possible. They are also taking their temperatures every morning before entering the office.
- The staff wipes down all high contact surface areas after each patient visit as well as every hour.
- We have installed two ALEN High capacity air filtration units capable of removing even the smallest of airborne particles quickly from a large area.
- For office procedures/surgeries, you must self-quarantine for at least 72h prior to your appointment. Upon entering the facility, you will be asked about symptoms/ exposure risks, and your temperature will be checked. If greater that 100F, the procedure will need to be rescheduled. Once rapid and accessible COVID 19 testing is readily available, you will be instructed on how to get tested 72h before your procedure.
- If you are having surgery at one of the hospitals, they will have their own specific guidelines that will be communicated to you beforehand that will need to be followed.
- If you have been to our office in person and test positive for COVID 19 within two weeks of being at our office, please contact us immediately so that we can then start the appropriate contact tracing for risk assessment, staff, and patient safety
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled appointment as long as we all follow safe practices.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted.